Compassionate Sea Counseling
Seattle-based mental health counseling and consultation services for intelligent, caring adults.
We provide mental health services to adults in-person in our Ballard office or online to clients physically located in Washington State.
Ellen Ross Hodge
Executive Director and Head Clinician
Psychotherapist – MA, LMHC (Washington #LH61185771)
Ellen is a therapist because she believes in therapy. Having sat on ‘both sides of the couch’, she knows that therapy can be challenging but also life-changing. She believes in creating a relaxed and rewarding experience for her clients.
Along with her education and training, Ellen draws deeply from her personal experiences as a caregiver, a creative, and a person who made her own path.
Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) – City University of Seattle – 2018
Bachelor of Arts – The Evergreen State College – 2006
It is our privilege to serve intelligent, caring individuals from many walks of life. The following is what to expect from our sessions:
- Person-focused Rogerian approach
- Research-based therapy techniques – CBT, Solution-Focused, Gestalt, Psychodynamic, EMDR
Health at Every Size and Harm Reduction outlook
- Trauma-informed and Compassion led
Individual Psychotherapy is billed at $140 per 60-minute session.
Free 15 Minute Consultations are Available for Prospective Clients
Half-sessions and 20 minute support phone calls are available for established clients.
We specialize in serving:
We Are Informed and Confirming of:
– Monogamy and Ethical Non-Monogamy
We are currently in-network the following plans:
- First Choice Health (and Kaiser PPO plans utilizing the First Choice Health network)
- Amerigroup (Medicaid only)
- Coordinated Care
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (Medicaid) – we are out of network with all other UnitedHealthcare plans
We also help clients to bill out of network when possible. Please email Katie to verify your benefits and whether you can be reimbursed for sessions.
Meet Our Admin Team!
Office Assistant / Communications Lead
Kelsey has special training in supporting a busy office. In her spare time she studies modern American animation, such as Steven Universe and The Owl House. She handles the majority our of emails, paperwork, scheduling and many other various administrative tasks.
Office Manager / Billing Lead
Katie has worked as a public school teacher and trained briefly as a counselor, but found her passion in helping people understand finances. She utilizes 4+ years of medical billing experience to help clients make sense of their insurance benefits.
5306 Ballard Ave NW #312Seattle, WA 98107
- We are within walking distance of several bus lines (D, 44, 40)
- Bike Parking is plentiful
- Car parking can be sparse – we advise you to leave extra time to find a spot. We have the most luck up Ballard Ave in front of Skal or down 4 blocks in front of the street in in front of Barnacle – but it depends wildly based on the day and time.
- The front door is unlocked weekdays until 6pm, please use the callbox for evenings and weekends (under Ellen R. Hodge).
- We’re on the third floor – left out of the elevator, first left, past the restrooms at the end of the hall.